Thursday, February 05, 2009

Ryan Pyle Blog: Guardian Multimedia Push

Hello,

The GUARDIAN NEWSPAPER has spent the last year or so getting in to multimedia. While the VIDEO SECTION of their website is full of content, I haven't had a chance to peak through everything, it is their efforts in Shanghai that have caught my attention.

Dan Chung has published two lovely video dairies from Shanghai, one dealing with an old apartment complex and another dealing with everyday life on the river front near the famous skyline. His work isn't gritty or very remanent of journalism, instead he weaves softly through the crowds catching glimpses wonderful little moments. The video's are set to lovely music and they are very well edited, either by Dan or a crew in London I'm not sure. The two video's are worth a look, and below are the links:

SHANGHAI VIDEO DAIRY 1: LONGCHANG APARTMENTS
SHANGHAI VIDEO DAIRY 2: ON THE BUND

ps. Yes, I am blogging more regularly as I find myself up late on the road in dodgy parts of China. And yes, I've finally learned how to do a proper HTML link.

--
Cheers,

Ryan Pyle
Photographer
ryan@ryanpyle.com
Website: www.ryanpyle.com
Archive: http://archive.ryanpyle.com
_______________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,

This is Ryan Pyle. I appreciate you adding a comment to my blog and I hope that this space has offered you something useful and interesting. I look forward to staying in touch and I'm glad you took the time to comment.

Ryan Pyle
ryan@ryanpyle.com
www.ryanpyle.com