Friday, January 08, 2010

Ryan Pyle Blog: 2009 Travel Days

Hello.

I like to look back. I like to reflect, and then I like to learn, and move forwards. So over the next few weeks you might see a few blogs in which I reflect back on the difficult and exciting year of 2009. The first blog in this series deals with Travel Days.

I'm a bit of a loser, if that seems harsh then a geek at the very least. I like to keep track of my travel days each year. And 2009 was a monster of a year for travel; at least a monster by my standards. Let's look at the stats.

There were 365 days in 2009. And of those there were roughly 260 work days, meaning generally Monday to Friday, excluding holidays.

Somehow, I logged 141 nights in hotels or around 141 travel days and some 70 plane flights.

Now it would be wrong to assume that all of this was work where I traveled to a location and too pictures, but I can tell you that more than 80% of exactly that.

Work, and rest, took me to cities as diverse as: Shenzhen, Kashgar, Shaoxing, Hong Kong, Toronto, Changsha, Tianjin, Urumqi, Milan, Paris, Dongguan, Chengdu, Xi'an, Beijing, Halifax, New York, Guiyang, London, Taiyuan, Pingyao, Haikou, Sanya, Korle, Lhasa and finally Singapore.

That's a serious bit of travel. I didn't keep statistics for 2008 but I'll be sure to keep my numbers for 2010. Should be an interesting comparison.

--
Ryan Pyle
Photographer
ryan@ryanpyle.com
Website: www.ryanpyle.com
Archive: http://archive.ryanpyle.com
_______________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,

This is Ryan Pyle. I appreciate you adding a comment to my blog and I hope that this space has offered you something useful and interesting. I look forward to staying in touch and I'm glad you took the time to comment.

Ryan Pyle
ryan@ryanpyle.com
www.ryanpyle.com