Monday, July 20, 2009

Ryan Pyle Blog: The Umbrella Men!

Hello.

Being a journalist in China is tough. How tough? Will, of all the journalists in China I think that television journalists have it the worst. They can't really conceal the big cameras and often try to do their piece with the news actually happening behind them, a tall order.

A good friend of mine recently forwarded me a clip of "plain clothes" police officers running some interference during both a BBC and CNN story in Beijing. Is being a journalist in China dangerous? Not usually. Is being a journalist in China mind numbing and frustrating beyond belief? In most instances, yes. Please enjoy the video, click the link below:

The Umbrella Men

--
Ryan Pyle
Photographer
ryan@ryanpyle.com
Website: www.ryanpyle.com
Archive: http://archive.ryanpyle.com
_______________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,

This is Ryan Pyle. I appreciate you adding a comment to my blog and I hope that this space has offered you something useful and interesting. I look forward to staying in touch and I'm glad you took the time to comment.

Ryan Pyle
ryan@ryanpyle.com
www.ryanpyle.com