Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ryan Pyle Blog: New Work: Fragile China (Newsweek Cover & NYT)


Hello,

I just wanted to share some new and exciting work with you.

Much of China looks like it get caught up in this global financial slowdown. A government stimulus package for infrastructure should get China back in to that airy double digit growth region again. But some parts of China, and in fact some entire regions of China, are bracing themselves for a shock.

One of those regions is China's Pearl River Delta, home to much of the manufacturing that has helped make China the "Workshop of the World". I've done some work in the region the last few weeks and several of the images have been published in the USA. However, this week I am very honored to have the Cover of Newsweek International, in which they devoted their cover story to China's manufacturing slowdown and what that means for global business.

And I just completed another story about China's steel industry under pressure with the New York Times, Click Here.

You can see a scanned copy of the cover if you Click Here

You can find a link to more images from my series on Dongguan if you Click Here

You can read the Newsweek story if you Click Here


--
Cheers,

Ryan Pyle
Photographer
ryan@ryanpyle.com
Website: www.ryanpyle.com
Archive: http://archive.ryanpyle.com
_______________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,

This is Ryan Pyle. I appreciate you adding a comment to my blog and I hope that this space has offered you something useful and interesting. I look forward to staying in touch and I'm glad you took the time to comment.

Ryan Pyle
ryan@ryanpyle.com
www.ryanpyle.com