Friday, July 23, 2010

Ryan Pyle Blog: My 200th Blog

Hello.

Well, somehow over the last few years I've managed to coordinate my thoughts enough to write 200 blogs. They have been a mix of opinion, sharing new work, announcements and commentary on other people's writing and photography.

I don't have much clue as to how many people follow my blog or view it but for those of you who do write, or take the time to make comments I would like to say thanks. Every bit of feedback helps and I appreciate those who take the time to stop by the blog and read a bit.

Hopefully I can find the time to keep this blog moving along in the next few years. Fingers crossed.

--
Ryan Pyle
Photographer
ryan@ryanpyle.com
Website: www.ryanpyle.com
Archive: http://archive.ryanpyle.com
_______________________________________

4 comments:

  1. hi ryan, im subscribed and enjoy reading your blog (even if you only post once every blue moon!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesse,

    Thanks for your continued support. I try to blog once a week, every Friday. I think I am pretty consistent on that point.

    Cheers,

    Ryan Pyle
    ryan@ryanpyle.com
    www.ryanpyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't cross your fingers Ryan. Just make it happen. Ran across something that you may already know about. But I remember you and a friend talking about how the photojournalism industry is in a serious decline. If you're up for it, check out this link: http://www.joemcnally.com/blog/.

    I once read that if you really focus on one thing, great things will happen. I've seen my blog grow and I'm not half the expert you guys are in your craft.

    I look fwd to reading more from you in future years, but if you're crossing your fingers, it probably won't happen. Its gonna take focus champ.

    Best wishes!

    Janvier

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janvier,

    Thanks for your comment. I am familiar with Joe McNally. A great photographer, but I wouldn't classify him as a photo-journalist or a documentary photographer. Joe is a strong image maker, and wonderful with portraits and lighting. There is a lot of work out there for people like this. Keeping focused is crucial.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

This is Ryan Pyle. I appreciate you adding a comment to my blog and I hope that this space has offered you something useful and interesting. I look forward to staying in touch and I'm glad you took the time to comment.

Ryan Pyle
ryan@ryanpyle.com
www.ryanpyle.com