Sunday, April 08, 2007

Ryan Pyle Blog: Nachtwey's TED Talk

TED stands for Technology, Entertainment & Design.

Essentially it's a prize funded by the Sapling Foundation which was funded by a media mogul, you can get the full story here: http://www.ted.com/about/introduction

Every year TED (a US$100,000 prize) is given away to 3 people, or better put, 3 unique story tellers or innovators.

In 2007 James Nachtwey was nominated and was one of the three winners.

If anyone out there takes our profession seriously, I think his acceptance speech is worth watching. But that's just my opinion, and I am known to be highly opinionated.

You can view, via streaming media, or download Nachtwey's acceptance speech at http://www.ted.com/tedtalks/

Like I said, it's well worth a view - and a few minutes of reflection after its finished.

Ryan Pyle
Photographer
China
ryan@ryanpyle.com
www.ryanpyle.com
Skype: ryanpyle

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous23:58

    thanks for the link to that talk. inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

This is Ryan Pyle. I appreciate you adding a comment to my blog and I hope that this space has offered you something useful and interesting. I look forward to staying in touch and I'm glad you took the time to comment.

Ryan Pyle
ryan@ryanpyle.com
www.ryanpyle.com